Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bad Sunday morning, good Sunday night

The weekend went way too fast, that's all I'm saying. Well let's start this. I abandoned my last race of this season. I woke up in the middle of the night the day of the race, very badly dehydrated and with a horrible case of stomach cramps. At this point ( which was at like 4am ) I knew that I would not be able to race at the best of my abilitys. Then I got really down on myself. When you train your ass off and put in such hard work, it is a shame when shit like this happens. I felt like I let myself down. I was so excited to wear my darkhorse kit with the most pride anyone could have. But instead I was couch bound drinking water untill lunch time. But all in all I had a great season. A 8th place in a ITT and a win upstate in Albany! I am already looking foward to offseason training and I have set a goal for 2011 already. That goal of course is to race the tour of the battenkill. I have here'd it's almost all on dirt roads with brutal climbs. That could suit me well! And I'm letting you all know right now.... I want to fucking win that race! And idc how hard I have to work. As offseason hits I will be doing some crosstraining by playing hockey. I love hockey almost as much as my gf and cycling! I actually just got off the computer from my fantasy hockey draft ( which took like a hour and a half) and my team looks good! For the record, I have no devils on my team. That was a good way to end my night. Well almost as good as laying in bed next to my best friend / gf! We went to the movies today n watched the new resident evil in 3d. It was good! And I even went nuts and ate some twizzlers ( which made my stomach rip apart). I guess when you never touch sweets it happens. Back to cycling. Since it's getting cooler it's time for some nice enduro rides, I think I'll fit a 100 miler in somewhere between now n winter :)My cycling tan is starting to fade " which will make Erin super happy" I worked so hard to get it! I'm sure like 3 weeks into winter I will look like a vampire lol. K I think that's about it for tonight. Back to work Monday so I can daydream about riding and wish I was home with Erin.
Untill next time.....rubber side down

yours in dissapointment
mike

No comments:

Post a Comment