Wednesday, September 15, 2010

NYC, fixies and training plans.

So Erin and I went to Brooklyn yesterday to see modest mouse. I will start with the show, then I'll rant about the hipsters. The band was great and I had fun watching grown men freak as if they were 14 year old girls who had beiber fever. Erin is more city savy then I so she guided me around while I judged everyone. We found a bar called whisky town, and I had a awesome margirita that I'm totaly stealing the recipie for. Now I rant! I'm all about bicycle commuting and I love seeing people just riding for the sake of riding. But I can't stand the so called " fixie " cyclist. I like to call the fixie, the suicide bomber of the bike world. They look like bums with their flanel button up " usualy too tight for them " and overly tight pants with the drive side leg pulled up. I don't understand how most of these hipsters I meet say they have no money, but yet they ride around on $3,000 pinarello dogma frames. I also noticed that there is tons of bike lanes in the city, but also noticed that "mrs house mom" feels she has to stroll her semi truck sized stroller right down the middle of the bike lane forcing actual bike riders to ride in the already dangerous NYC street. But I digress.

BATTENKILl-
April 10, 2011
this is when I enter the pain cave! I'm working on plans for a winter training program to get me into form for the battenkill tour. I'm really looking foward to it, but know it's like 7 months away. For the most part I'm done training for the season, I'm starting to put in more endurance rides ( with hill intravels and hitts of course) just to end the season in somewhat decent form. I've already peaked this season during my Albany race" which I fuckin won " and it is difficult to peak twice in a season. So over this winter I will armor up in the winter gear and put in the miles when it's 25F so I'm ready for the tour. Battenkill is also a UCI event. So teams from Europe fly in for what people call the " north American Paris-roubaix " I will have a teammate with me for the race but I think he will be in a different cat than I. But it will still feel comfy having a team member there. All I can say is that I'm going to give it 150% and see what happens. K time for bed. I got to check the weather cause I have group ride tomorrow. There's a chance of rain, and also a chance of me ripping faces off if I can't ride. Jk jk. Untill next post.
Rubber side down
your " road dweeb "
mike

No comments:

Post a Comment