Thursday, September 9, 2010

mornings, cycling tours and life.

Im sitting at the computer looking at the screen thinking of what to write about today, IM kinda getting distracted cause the Vuelta A espana is on. Its the last of the three grand tours. For those who do not know, the three grand tours are the giro d italia, the tour de france and the vuelta. To say the least I watch a lot of cycling on tv. I actually watched all three this year lol. But as the season ends, I look foward to the spring classics!!! Even if someone does not even give a shit about cycling, they should watch the two major spring classics. These are the tour of flanders and the Paris Roubaix. They are only one day long but are stupid long and race over crazy cobbles. A must see for any sports fans. Today I am trying to get motivated to do somthing for the first half of the day. I have to take a ride to the music store n pawn off my bass pedal cause it would be nice to have some extra cash this weekend, but that will take all a hour I guess. I was actually going to take a ride to my race location today n ride the course, but obv that didnt happen. I have a group ride tonight and I dont want to kill my legs before the race weekend. As I am writting this Im looking out the window down on main street where I live, and can see the local bike shop right across the street from my apartment. The place is just like 10 steps from my apt, and I refuse to go there. Its such a typical " oh trek bikes are the best cause lance armstrong rides them and ohhhhh were so fucking snobby". I went there once and the guy actually charged me 2 dollars for lubing my chain! U KIDDING ME! For the last year and a few months I have been taking my buisness to dark horse cycles. Those dudes are awesome! They just opened a new shop and deal specialized bikes ( the best bikes ever) I strongly feel that if anyone wants to get any kind of bike to go to darkhorse!
ok this blog is all over the place. My cat is wrecking everything in the apartment so im out.
rubber side down
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment