Monday, September 27, 2010

Time off the bike......i have a love/hate relationship with it.

So after a long crazy weekend I am finally getting back on track with my nutrition, but I have been off the bike for about four days now and I can feel the slugishness in my body already. But first off, let me tell you about my weekend.
 Thursday was the last time I rode my bike. I was on my usual group ride, but there was only four of us who made it out. We set out at 5:30pm with only a hour n change of sunlight, I felt decent just putting in minimal efforts, hanging and talking with the guys. Then we lost track of time and it started getting very dark way too fast. I took over the workload with about 6 miles to go, and buryed myself. As i started sweating like a mad man, I felt myself starting to get that feeling like you have or are about to have a cold. I got home and showered up, then it was a disaster! my throat was itching my ears itched and it felt like I was swallowing tacks. I finally fell asleep that night and woke up friday feeling like I was hit by a truck. I made it to work only to leave early due to my sickness, on my way home I stopped by the health food store n got my wacky herbs " I refuse to take medicine " and sure as shit I started feeling better saturday morning for my fathers retirement party. The party was great and it was nice to see family I have not seen in a while. Most of my cousins have children now and they are awesome! I spent time with my niece's and nephew which was great also. Then me and Erin ate and drank lol. I ate more in 2 days then I do at my apt in a week, I feel good mentaly but my body is screaming for physical activity.
 I would of got back on the bike today but the forecast is calling for rain like all week! It may sound crappy but I think it may be time to start hitting the gym. I have no clue how erin and I went there so much last winter and didnt go insane. But I plan on doing some heavy core work and some strength training. I will be on the stationary bike obv!!!!! I like the bikes cause they tell me how many watts I push out, which is prob wrong anyway, but I can get an idea. Other than that I usally gear up and hit the road on weekends and days I get outta work early, its damn cold but there is nothing better than being out on the bike at anytime of the year. I guess that may be it for now. The UCI world championship are this weekend and it is ERINS BIRTHDAYYYYY. I should have some cool stories about her birthday weekend since we are heading to albany for a oktoberfest street fair deal lol. K i cant think about anything else, so ill post again soon. I have to make some lunch for tomorrows workday.
rubber side down
 mike

No comments:

Post a Comment