Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm living my life while I pretend to live my dream

I find myself thinking alot while I'm driving to my job, it generally takes me about 35-40 minutes to get there. During that time I think about almost everything, life choices, my gf, food and if work is going to suck that day. When I'm at work I barley think about what tasks I have to take care of that day ( mostly because it's the same tasks as the day before). So I throw on the old headphones and listen to my cycling podcasts untill it's time for lunch, then I open up my cycling mags n have some lunch. I always think about what it would be like to be a pro cyclist? I'm kinda doing the same thing the pros are but I don't get payed, don't travel to Europe and I got to buy my own shit. But I DO train my ass off, eat right, ride with a team and race on weekends. Ah simple custodian by day, amateur cyclist by night. But when I get home from training or a ride, I have to help clean my sweet ass apartment that my REAL job pays for. Next season it would be cool to win some money at races so I can throw towards rent or a new couch or anything for that matter. But idc if I don't make a dime, I fucking live cycling.
Today I went out for a ride and sweated my ass off in the 87 degree heat, I was at the farthest point away from my home when the black clouds started to roll in. I freaked out because it was getting dark, and even darker cause of the rain clouds, so I TT'd back home which took me another half hour to get back, and along the way I decided it would be a good idea to hit all the hills I can find on my way back " knowing it is about to pour any time ". On the last climb before I hit flats all the way home the hill kicks to a 20% grade for a lil more than 800meters, at that time I remembered that I didn't eat enough calories for such stressfull riding. Then my mind got fucked! I was fine the whole time untill now! My eyes got red, legs got heavy and my chest felt like it was going to cave in. I finally made it to the top and recovered enought to TT back home. But all that horrible shit that my body did to me happened in less than 2 minutes! Crazy story hu?
Lastly, I got group ride tomorrow! I get so giddy over it. It's just the coolest scene, I leave work at 5, get to the shop, kit up and shoot the shit with George, mike and the guys and then we roll out at 5:30 and ride untill dark ( which is like 7 now ). The only thing that sucks about group ride day is that I have to bring extra food to eat at work before I head out on the rides. Actually that dosent even suck! Lol. Well I think that's it! Another boring post about my daily adventures. I guess I'm going to make wednesdays my top three artists of the mid week. And they are " in no order "
1. Deadmau5
2. Yeasayer
3. Phill Collins
pretty sweet deal!
K I'm out, rubber side down!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment